Medal of the Order of Australia (OAM) (General Division)
Congratulations to our Chair, Tony Thompson, for the recognition of his commitment to our community. Today Tony has been included in the Australia Day 2020 Honours List for service to the community of Marysville.
Tony’s dedication to community was highlighted through his role as Chair of the Marysville and Triangle Community Recovery Committee after the devastating 2009 bushfires. Tony has continued to work in various capacities since that time, has advocated for his community at federal, state and local government levels as well as significant efforts behind the scenes.
Our sincere congratulations and thanks to Tony for the leadership roles he has filled, and also to his wife Penni for her support over many years.
Tony’s roles and responsibilities are broad-ranging.
- Chair, Marysville and Triangle Community Foundation, since 2012.
- Community Liaison Officer, Marysville and Triangle Community Association, 2012-
- Chair, Marysville and Triangle Community Recovery Committee (CRC), 2009-2012.
- Member, Victorian Bushfire Appeal Fund, Community Advisory Committee, 2011.
- Consultant, Emergency Management Victoria, current.
- Chairperson, T.T Disaster Recovery, since 2009.
Southern Alpine Resort Management Board
- Board Member, current.
- Former Chair, Lake Mountain Alpine Resort.
- Board Member, Mt Baw Baw Alpine Resort, since 2016.
- Chairperson, Gallipoli Park Marysville Committee, since 2012.
- Committee Member, Marysville Economic Leadership Group, since 2009.
- Board Member, Hume Committee, Regional Development Australia, current.
- Director, Dandenong Ranges Banking Group, Bendigo Bank, 1998-2015.
Awards and recognition includes:
- Australia Day Award, Community Bendigo Bank.